The Arc of Indiana Master Trust
Indiana’s leading special needs trust, founded in 1988
The Arc of Indiana was established in 1956 by parents of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities who joined together to build a better and more accepting world for their children. We are proud to be Indiana’s leading advocacy organization for people with disabilities. The Arc of Indiana Master Trust was founded by The Arc of Indiana in 1988 and was one of the first pooled special needs trusts in the country.
The Arc Master Trust offers families, people of all disabilities, people with mental illness, and people 65+ an experienced professional option for special needs trust administration at an affordable price, allowing resources to easily be used for expenses. Whether you are seeking a trust for your loved one or yourself, we can help determine if The Arc Master Trust is right for you.
Why establish a special needs trust?
People who receive government benefits, including SSI, SSDI, and Medicaid, are at risk of losing those benefits if their financial resources exceed government established resource/asset limits. A special needs trust (SNT) protects benefit eligibility and allows people to save for the future and use those savings to pay for the extras in life.
What types of special need trusts (SNTs) are there?
There are two types of SNTs:
- A Third-Party SNT can be set up by parents, grandparents, siblings or another caring person for someone receiving government benefits. This person can choose to include the trust as a part of their will, estate, or life insurance policy. They can also fund the trust during their lifetime. We call this The Arc Master Trust I.
- A First-Party SNT can be set up by an individual themselves with their own money, such as wages, Social Security back payments, or a lawsuit settlement. We call this The Arc Master Trust II.
It is possible for someone to have both types of trusts.
Why choose The Arc Master Trust?
- No minimum or maximum funding requirements
- Low administrative fees with no additional charges for account activity
- Experienced and professional staff
- In depth knowledge of government benefits and state and federal regulations Well established policies and procedures to safeguard assets
- Professional asset management by trusted financial advisors
- Request disbursements online or by email, phone, or fax
- Dedicated account manager assigned to your account
Truelink Card can be connected to your trust to make purchases
- Safeguarding Assets
Safeguarding the assets of trust beneficiaries is a primary concern of The Arc Master Trust. Trust funds are safely and securely on deposit with The National Bank of Indianapolis, and a trust advisory committee and The Arc of Indiana board of directors provides advice and oversight of The Arc Master Trust.
The Arc Master Trust is a founding member of the Alliance of Pooled Special Needs Trusts. Its mission is to inform, educate and facilitate communication among pooled special needs trust providers by establishing and maintaining best practices for the benefit of the communities they serve. Melissa Justice, senior trust officer, currently serves as secretary.
Learn more about our safeguard protections.
The National Bank of Indianapolis is a proud financial partner with The Arc of Indiana and provides expert banking, administration, and investment management services for The Arc and its clients. To learn more about The National Bank of Indianapolis and its services, please visit nbofi.com.
The Arc Master Trust Advisory Committee
- Tom Ewbank – Retired, Krieg DeVault
- Dennis Frick – Indiana Legal Services
- Kevin McDowell – Retired, Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Indiana Attorney General
We’re Here to Help
To schedule a meeting to learn if The Arc Master Trust could benefit you or your loved one, or to schedule a presentation for your organization or staff, contact us at:
317-977-2375 | 800-382-9100